Tuesday 3 March 2015

COLOUR BLINDNESS

I'm the same man
On that podium, lend me the loudspeaker
I'm at the forefront of an Instigation 
With an audible message louder than my voice
For the redemption of my skin colour  
Because I'm the black man
Skin blacker than sin
Mental darker than sunset 
They say I'm bathed in dirty grease  
Bathing apes, they still flung bananas
Africa is a big jungle, we live on trees 
Dad lounges on the biggest branch 
Black heritage; descendants of fore fathers who were caged like wild gorillas  
Cuffed in shackles, adorned in rags,chain gangs 
Sold off in markets like stale commodities 
Or traded for sugar and gun powders 
Shipped like consignments in cargo ships
Packed in chambers like canned goods
Some disposed into the sea without a burial, no eulogy, no reefs... Just feed for fishes
The lucky ones; reapers singing Hymns in cotton fields
They were never employees... Slaves; whipped, raped, hanged, incinerated  
The human race suffers racial segregation, the Apartheid.
The ku klux klan love my extermination and hate my emancipation 
That hate me, my culture, my heritage and all of my race... Don't they?
I'm the victim of Racial profiling, being black is my crime 
I'm the same man who isn't stereotyping 
Call myself Malcolm X or Martin Luther king 
And hashtag #JusticeForTrayvonMartin


I'm the same man
On that podium, lend me the loudspeaker 
Calling out for racial justice 
I'm the same black man that condemn the white man 
Though my own forefathers sold us off for a few shillings and guns
But use that same gun to kill another black man 
We've fallen to tribal wars and invasions
Black heritage but Tribalism and tribal profiling is shredding us into pieces 
We hunt our own kind, are we colour blind?
Harm one another with Black magic, hexes and voodoo charms 
Prey on each other like game; human sacrifices and rituals; 
Albinos in East Africa and hunchbacks are on the endangered list 
Autocratic dictators, Coup detats and uprisings 
The countless genocides and homicides in Africa  
Same skin but political affiliation divides us
Same skin but tribal allegiance separate us 
Burn down the whole village because we belong to different parties 
Ethnic discrimination, the typical example of nepotism 
Sometimes blood isn't thicker than water
Because we've sacrificed family ties for kinship ties 
Bloodlines become bad blood
Relatives become enemies 
The same brothers of the same father shed blood flood because they emanate from different gates

I'm the same man on that podium 
Oblivious to the irony
Unawares to the kind of a living paradox that I am
That I only generalise violence and barbarism based on skin colour 
Violence is only an anomaly of human nature
They hate us, but do we love ourselves?
I wish we were all colour blind 

No comments:

Post a Comment