Thursday 26 May 2011

SOMETIMES... WHEN I AM ALONE

When I am alone.
Everything is still but silence.
Perfect timing, my thoughts come to life.
Emotions that lingered in refuge wake up and free themselves.
Flashback memories flip like a slide-show.
The pain is prevalent;
There is war burning down the peace everywhere.
Fueled by politics, money, fame and power.
A ravenous infection. Is slaying one another the antidote?
Even with everything, we’ll go to the grave with nothing.
Are we that forgetful? That we are all sons of Adam and daughters of Eve?
The newspaper read “Man beheads boy for money rituals”.
Stories like these can reduce the sincerest bravest of men surrender to tears.

When I am alone.
I just don’t get it.
“Home sweet home”
But sometimes, it tastes not less than gall.
Should even blood relations hold grudges?
We promise each other heavily at the feet of the mountain.
But when we reach the summit, we catch amnesia.
O’ God who else should I trust anymore?
Now that I see these shattered pieces of trust sleeping on the floor.
Kids are starving, striving for an ort.
Elsewhere, money is flying off and sleeping on the dance-floor.
Where’s the sympathy?
At times, I feel weak when I conceal the truth.

When I am alone.
I just don’t get it.
Those who deserve love are the ones served with hurt.
Whom who worked hardest, earned the least, left in the lurch.
These mysterious thoughts are the knots engulfing my neurons.
Loneliness is a poet’s best quill.
Emotions and thoughts are dumb and deaf, but a pen never is.
When it can’t stand agony, it squirts sentiments.
And before it falls asleep, I now seem to get everything.
The Verses of the Quran unweaves all these cryptic tendencies.
Then I reveal a faint smile…”God is perfect
And He promises the best of days” my brain says.
When I am alone…God is with me.
And I know, He’d never leave us alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment