Saturday 8 February 2014

Don't kill

I try
I've tried so many times
It's probably the 1000th time
Maybe I've even lost count
I'm stuck 
I'm stuck in this daily recitation and rehearsal of trying to give life to my dream
Resuscitation probably can't revive this 
My mind is wondering where Glory is wandering 
I'm reeling from something real
And It's killing me
Though I wanna keep the hope alive
I feel like putting a gun to my talent 
And end the madness 
Because they say that insanity is doing the same old thing in repetition
If that's really true, then I'm enjoying the craziness of this competition
I strive! I strive!!
they say hard work pays
Buh I'm wondering why the cheque is coming at a snails pace
Every man enjoys the fruits of their own toil they said
but I'm still in drought season 
Though the prospects are in the hind sight of my blind side
The Lord can open the floodgates of all the avenues to revenues 
From outta something new that I never knew
I'm thinking of putting a gun to my talent and ending the madness
To lay it to rest... in peace 
But the voices in my head won't allow me to live in peace 
"try a little harder", "Just One more time"
Because I'm already addicted
An addiction no detox can flush out
Because the dream won't let me sleep
And the hunger for success keeps me awake
No! I don't wanna feel defeated
There's no job vacancy for quitters anyway 
So I ask myself everyday 
"when will the glory come"
My puny mind can't bear the imagination 
Only God knows... Maybe not today, maybe someday
But I can't say I'll stop trying
I'm stuck! I'm stuck!!
I'm stuck in this daily recitation that better days will seek me while I seek them until we meet at crossroads 
In the end I'm not scared that I'll fail, I'm just terrified I'd regret giving up
So Let me tell the critics and myself 
"don't kill my vim"

No comments:

Post a Comment