Saturday 2 February 2013

Heart And Vase

I saw the charm
I saw the sparkle
I lost all my senses but sight
She caught my attention, everything else was noise and irrelevance
She was the most beautiful glass vase from the outside
So I poured out my heart to her... till it overflew its brim
She shed blood... my blood
The leaking only showed how severely perforated she was
Like a sieve... It only took time for everything to drain... Nothing remained.
As it dripped gradually and slowly, so did my hope.
There was blood gliding on the floor
Marking the trails of the love that i had poured forth
I fell in love...
I fell in love with this world.
I set my expectations high like a kite
But disappointment rained down on me like cats and dogs
I put my trust in the wrong places... On the wrong bases
Poured it out into perforated vases
I didn't know if i should walk out of the door
Or leave it creaking so I could be convinced to try again
Hope would always speak to me in my times of solitude
But in time, my patience was barely a tea cup full
And God spoke to me in those verses inscribed in the Quran
Always preaching patience and hope
I may lose hope in myself...
... But I will never give up on God.

No comments:

Post a Comment