Sunday 10 April 2011

THE REALM OF TIME


When the earth rotates,
When the sun flexes his light,
When the moon takes over at night,
When the tides rise,
Men respond to my call.


I define every event.
I am yesterday; I live in your memories,
I tell all the stories of the ancients
But some say I live in the stars.
I am tomorrow,
Illusionist claim and struggle to predict me, what are the horoscopes for?


When the shadows incline themselves,
When seasons come and go,
When the clock ticks,
When the pendulum swings.
Men respond to my call.



Merchants and economists adjudge me the greatest asset,
They say i am money, but still can’t hoard me.
I am precious, beware of the swift hands of procrastination.
Some say I fly, but I have no wings.
Some say I speed, but I have no wheels.
I wait for no man.


When the church bells toll, when the athan rains through the city.
Men of religion know what I announce.
They tread to their sanctuaries.
To render their mantra.
The Quran relates my chronicles.
Ecclesiastes proclaims ‘‘There’s time for everything’’.


Einstein said I am relative to the observer; one hour in a lecture and one hour of fun, I differ.
Ray Cummings says I prevent everything from happening at once.
Faraday couldn’t complete his equations without me.
And Isaac newton couldn’t define his laws of motion without me.


when the cock crows.
when the birds tweet.
When the lambs bleat.
they tell what i tell.
Fate and I stroll together, no one can turn back my hands.


When the bells chime,
When the pages of the calendar flip.
When the sand seeps through the hour glass.
When the drummer beats his drums.
Men respond to my call.



I am the older than world, maybe even the Big Bang.
I dwelled among the Cro-Magnons, the dinosaurs and lads of the Nano-age.
If i wasn't around what would anthropologist have to say?
I am the beginning and eternity.



Scientists ascribe me to cesium atoms.
Relating me to most of their functions.
Even today, they are struggling to craft a machine of my kind.
The question is do I really exist?
Or am I just a quantity?



I was appointed by God as a realm to mankind.
Free to everybody.
Flexible to suite anybody; you could walk or drive.
But not everybody knows how to use me.
Those who succeed would testify to my assistance.
I am of the essence…

No comments:

Post a Comment